Passenger Assistant Trainer Training
Our course covers all of the modules mentioned below so that you can train your staff in-house. We also offer trainer refresher courses. We offer the courses at your premises for three or more delegates providing you have a suitable training room and vehicle, we can also accommodate three per course here at our training centre. Where possible we should use your equipment, the equipment that your staff use on a daily basis however we can provide a selection of equipment and vehicle if required. The course is up to four days.
I have copied an excerpt from the CTA PATS website below which explains the modules covered.
If you would like to receive our current price list please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org all applicants should have experience in providing care and assistance to passengers when travelling.
Please note that all courses must be paid on booking, please contact us on email@example.com for a current price list.
PATS, developed jointly by CTA UK and Hampshire County Council, provides a nationally recognised standard of training to people whose role it is to provide care and assistance to passengers travelling by road.
Following the MiDAS modular format, PATS training is available throughout the UK. Unlike MiDAS, PATS members make a commitment to assess the training needs of staff performing the role of passenger assistant on a vehicle. These people may be paid staff, or volunteers and they may be performing the dual role of driver/carer.
PATS has five modules, an induction module undertaken by all, then modules looking at assisting passengers with disabilities (but not wheelchair users), assisting wheelchair users, assisting children and young people and assisting older people.
- Module A: The role of the passenger assistant– This is the foundation module for all passenger assistants. This module enables drivers/carers to understand the role of the passenger assistant.
The other modules you complete will depend on the needs of the people you work with.
- Module B1: Passenger awareness and assistance-This modules covers awareness of passenger needs and how to assist, looking at individuals who don’t use a wheelchair.
- Module B2: Assisting passengers who travel in wheelchairs- B2 covers similar aspects to B1 but focuses specifically on passengers in wheelchairs
- Module C1: Supervising children and young people with special needs- For PA’s who work with children or young people with special needs
- Module C2: Working with adults who need care and supervision- PA’s who work with vulnerable adults
MiDAS PATs Trainer Passenger Assistant Trainer Training