Our trainers are taking twice weekly Covid-19 Self Tests
At the start of your training session let your trainer know if you are, when your last one was and the result
We aim to keep everyone as safe as possible
Three Shires Driving Centre is your local, leading independent learner and qualified driver training centre. From your first time behind the wheel to driving company cars, minibuses and accessible vehicles as well as towing, get safely qualified with the friendly experts at Three Shires Driving Centre.
Providing driving lessons in Luton and Northants, covering the whole of the UK for our ‘driving at work’ training.
Our experienced instructors cover Cars – Automatic Cars – Cars for disabled drivers (Luton) – Car and Trailer (B E) – Minibus – MiDAS – Fleet – Instructor Training. (Instructor training is not currently available)
Your Seven Part Guarantee
1. You will get a fully qualified instructor, yes some driving schools use trainee’s who only have a six month licence so they may leave during your course!
2. You will get all the help you need with your Theory and Hazard Perception tests, Oh! and of course your driving. Others leave you to do the Theory etc. on your own.
3. You will have a progress record to show you how well you are doing You can also show your mates how you are getting on too!
4. All lessons are on a one to one basis unless you want to learn with a friend and share costs If you like the idea of learning with a friend we see nothing wrong with that, it saves you money, reduces learning time and helps build confidence. We will never pair you up with a stranger, the request for two to one training has to come from you see T’s & C’s.
5. Getting it wrong is all part of the learning process, we don’t shout or bite!!
6. We set you achievable goals. (with a bit of hard work)
7. No Gimmicks:- You want to learn – We want to teach. Come give us a try
We are looking for Driving Instructors to join our team in the Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire areas. Ideally manual car trainers and especially for Bedford town area. We like to keep things simple at Three Shires Driving Centre Ltd, You provide a fully insured training vehicle and a good Standards Check Grade and we provide you with the following: - Regularly updated Website, Your own threeshires.co.uk email address, Progress Record Books at cost price, Regular CPC meetings, Standards Check advice and training. We will also provide you with Driving Instructor Development at a reduced cost, for example if you want to do more than train learners there are other things you can do such as Minibus, Car and Trailer, Instructor Training and so on. How does it work? We charge you...
Have you heard of the Dutch Reach? Possibly not, it is a method to help protect cyclists from being hit by car doors opening on them. How does it work? well it is quite simple really, which ever seat you are sitting in use your opposite hand to open the vehicle door. Why? it turns your body round which gives you a better view of what may be coming up behind you and you may just catch sight of movement in your peripheral vision and prevent you from opening your door on an unsuspecting cyclist. Easy really and the Dutch have been teaching their learners this for years!! Pass it on!
There has been a lot of talk recently about smart motorways and the general public's lack of understanding of how they work. There are two types the first type is where all lanes are running and there is no hard shoulder and there are emergency refuges spaced along the motorway the other is where the hard shoulder can be used as an extra lane at peak times (Dynamic Smart Motorway). With the first type where there is no hard shoulder you must obay the signs on the overhead gantry more so if the sign has a red cross above your lane which means you must not proceed in this lane and you need to move out of the lane as soon as it is safe to do so. If you are unfortunate enough to break down in that lane try to pull into one of the emergency refuges and call for help or if you have to...