Welcome to our website
Three Shires Driving Centre is your local, leading independent, qualified driver training centre. From driving company cars, minibuses and accessible vehicles as well as towing, get safely qualified with the friendly experts at Three Shires Driving Centre.
Minibus – MiDAS – Fleet – we cover Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Lincolnshire and bordering areas and further afield on request
Safe use of Mobility Scooters on pavements and roads. Mobility Scooters are a lifeline and can be the only means for people with walking difficulties and other disabilities to get around. Like all modes of transport there are rules, regulations and procedures that should be followed when using them. Before you start using a mobility scooter Knowing what you are doing is really important, all good mobility shops will give you free guidance and training to make sure you are familiar with the machine. Some local authorities provide training and there are training organisations who provide training, you may find there is a fee for this. Before the journey. The T L C check as a minimum T for tyres, if you have pneumatic (blow up) tyres check them for condition, inflation and security, this...
From the 29th January 2022 8 new rules come into force they are 1. Hierarchy of road users The introduction section of The Highway Code has been updated to include 3 new rules about the new ‘hierarchy of road users’. The hierarchy places those road users most at risk in the event of a collision at the top of the hierarchy. It does not remove the need for everyone to behave responsibly. It’s important that all road users: are aware of The Highway Code are considerate to other road users understand their responsibility for the safety of others The 3 new rules are numbered H1, H2, and H3. Read the new rules Rule H1 (Introduction) Rule H2 (Introduction) Rule H3 (Introduction) 2. People crossing the road at junctions The updated code clarifies that: when people are crossing or...
You may have read that the minibus test has changed recently, the changes are small and should not adversely affect your training, the main change is the manoeuvre has been outsourced to the private sector with the DVSA only conducting 'last resort' CPC 3 A (reverse manoeuvre) tests. With regards to your training this will mean that you have to take the CPC 3 A test before the CPC 3 B (driving) test and possibly on separate days. At present and until the dust settles we will continue to use the DVSA CPC 3 A option and we are waiting for other suppliers to come on stream to widen our options. You shouldn't notice any change in the delivery of our first rate training however as the DVSA are still charging the original fee of £115.00 for the CPC 3 B test there will be an...
Your Seven Part Guarantee
1. You will get a fully qualified instructor
2. You will get all the help you need with your Theory and Hazard Perception tests, Oh! and of course your driving. Others leave you to do the Theory etc. on your own.
3. You will have a training record to show you how well you are doing
4. All lessons are on a one to one basis, If you like the idea of learning with a friend we see nothing wrong with that, it saves you money, reduces learning time and helps build confidence. We will never pair you up with a stranger, the request for two to one training has to come from you or your organisation see T’s & C’s.
5. Getting it wrong is all part of the learning process, we don’t shout or bite!!
6. We set you achievable goals. (with a bit of hard work)
7. No Gimmicks:- You want to learn – We want to teach. Come give us a try