Welcome to our website
Three Shires Driving Centre is your local, leading independent learner (automatic) and qualified driver training centre. From your first time behind the wheel to driving company cars, minibuses and accessible vehicles as well as towing, get safely qualified with the friendly experts at Three Shires Driving Centre.
Providing automatic driving lessons in Bedford and Luton covering the whole of the UK for our ‘driving at work’ training.
Our experienced instructors cover – Automatic Cars (Bedford and Luton) – Cars for disabled drivers, automatic (Luton)
Minibus – MiDAS – Fleet – Car and Trailer (B E) – we cover all areas and most of the UK for MiDAS Trainer training and Fleet
Your Seven Part Guarantee
1. You will get a fully qualified instructor, yes some driving schools use trainee’s who only have a six month licence so they may leave during your course!
2. You will get all the help you need with your Theory and Hazard Perception tests, Oh! and of course your driving. Others leave you to do the Theory etc. on your own.
3. You will have a progress record to show you how well you are doing You can also show your mates how you are getting on too!
4. All lessons are on a one to one basis unless you want to learn with a friend and share costs If you like the idea of learning with a friend we see nothing wrong with that, it saves you money, reduces learning time and helps build confidence. We will never pair you up with a stranger, the request for two to one training has to come from you see T’s & C’s.
5. Getting it wrong is all part of the learning process, we don’t shout or bite!!
6. We set you achievable goals. (with a bit of hard work)
7. No Gimmicks:- You want to learn – We want to teach. Come give us a try
From the 29th January 2022 8 new rules come into force they are 1. Hierarchy of road users The introduction section of The Highway Code has been updated to include 3 new rules about the new ‘hierarchy of road users’. The hierarchy places those road users most at risk in the event of a collision at the top of the hierarchy. It does not remove the need for everyone to behave responsibly. It’s important that all road users: are aware of The Highway Code are considerate to other road users understand their responsibility for the safety of others The 3 new rules are numbered H1, H2, and H3. Read the new rules Rule H1 (Introduction) Rule H2 (Introduction) Rule H3 (Introduction) 2. People crossing the road at junctions The updated code clarifies that: when people are crossing or...
You may have read that the minibus test has changed recently, the changes are small and should not adversely affect your training, the main change is the manoeuvre has been outsourced to the private sector with the DVSA only conducting 'last resort' CPC 3 A (reverse manoeuvre) tests. With regards to your training this will mean that you have to take the CPC 3 A test before the CPC 3 B (driving) test and possibly on separate days. At present and until the dust settles we will continue to use the DVSA CPC 3 A option and we are waiting for other suppliers to come on stream to widen our options. You shouldn't notice any change in the delivery of our first rate training however as the DVSA are still charging the original fee of £115.00 for the CPC 3 B test there will be an...
With the scrapping of the towing test we shouldn't be lulled into thinking that we can just hitch up and go. If you have never towed before there is a lot to learn and understand before you do. The law regarding towing has changed and now you can tow legally with a vehicle with a gross weight of up to 3.5 tonnes (not including minibuses) without the need to take a further test. What should you do? you really should seek training, in the New Year there will be a new accredited towing course launched by the DVSA and other parties. In the meantime follow the Government's recommendations and have training with a qualified trainer who will steer you through the safety and manoeuvring elements and train you on how to tow safely on the road. The Government and DVSA advice if found below and our...