We hope you are managing to cope during these strange times, the DVSA have cancelled all theory tests up to 30th May 2020 and at this time there are no practical tests available until further notice.
If you are a KEY WORKER and require lessons and test please check your eligibility at the DVSA website here and if you are an eligible KEY WORKER please contact us using the contact page here and we will do our best to advise you.
Some of our trainers are in the coronavirus moderate and severe vulnerability groups and may not be able to assist KEY WORKERS at this time.
For current learners and trainees, your trainer will be in contact as soon as it is safe for them to start work again. If you have still to sit your Theory Test now is a good time to be revising, talk to your trainer about Theory Test Pro most of our trainers can offer this service
If you are looking to start taking lessons or have any of the training courses we provide, please feel free to contact us and we will arrange your training as soon as we can once we are back at work.
George and Neville, Directors.
Three Shires Driving Centre is your local, leading independent learner and qualified driver training centre. From your first time behind the wheel to driving company cars, minibuses and accessible vehicles as well as towing, get safely qualified with the friendly experts at Three Shires Driving Centre.
Providing driving lessons in Bedfordshire, Luton and Northants, and covering the whole of the UK for our ‘driving at work’ training.
Our experienced instructors cover Cars – Automatic Cars– Car and Trailer (B E) – Minibus – MiDAS – Fleet – Instructor Training.
Your Seven Part Guarantee
1. You will get a fully qualified instructor, yes some driving schools use trainee’s who only have a six month licence so they may leave during your course!
2. You will get all the help you need with your Theory and Hazard Perception tests, Oh! and of course your driving. Others leave you to do the Theory etc. on your own.
3. You will have a progress record to show you how well you are doing You can also show your mates how you are getting on too!
4. All lessons are on a one to one basis unless you want to learn with a friend and share costs If you like the idea of learning with a friend we see nothing wrong with that, it saves you money, reduces learning time and helps build confidence. We will never pair you up with a stranger, the request for two to one training has to come from you see T’s & C’s.
5. Getting it wrong is all part of the learning process, we don’t shout or bite!!
6. We set you achievable goals. (with a bit of hard work)
7. No Gimmicks:- You want to learn – We want to teach. Come give us a try
Did you know that the following items are legally required in most minibuses ? Where the windows are marked 'EMERGENCY EXIT' you must have Glass Break Hammers next to the window, these hammers should not be removed in order to prefent them being stolen and should not be stored in the front document box (glove box). If you have an emergency and the minibus is on its side, possibly in a ditch, and filling with water quick access to the hammers is vital. If you have a high rate of theft of these hammers there are hammers available which have retractable cords and have removal alarms fitted.
Two Bedfordshire councils are offering free driving lessons to young drivers in March, as part of an initiative designed to reduce road casualties. The two courses – More 16 and More Drive – take place on March 9. Both are free and available on a first come, first served basis. The courses are funded by Luton Borough Council and Central Bedfordshire Council, with delivery organised by highways contractor Amey. More 16 is aimed at giving 16-year-old pre-licence holders their first experience of driving. At the same time, advice will be given to parents on how to choose an ADI and how to help their children with practising. Parents can also take a high-speed passenger ride with professionally qualified racing driver at the Millbrook proving ground. The other course, More Drive, offers...
See what happens when presenter Jonathan Vernon-Smith hits the Pinot Grigio then trys to drive!!!! Its all done under strict supervision and in a controlled environment, please do not try this.......... [pb_vidembed title="Drink Driving Experiment" caption="Three Counties Radio, Beds and Luton Road Safety, Beds Police and Fire " url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLi-pm26WSc" type="yt" w="480" h="385"]